A Project for Young Producers
Museum of London x Numbi Arts Invite You to Join Us!
If you’re a budding Creative Producer or curious to know more, are between 18 and 24 years old and you want to gain hands-on experience in the heritage sector we want to talk to you!
Numbi Arts and the Museum of London have come together to offer you this exciting new opportunity to reveal the hidden histories of Black communities in London, gain experience of working in museums and archives and receive specialised training to start your career as a Creative Producer.
The global protests around anti-black racism and the Black Lives Matter movement have highlighted the missing Black histories and cultural heritage in public life. Numbi Arts invites you to share your experiences and ideas about how you would like to see these issues be addressed. You will be given the space, mentoring and resources to produce a final creative project at the Museum of London, with support from fellow Black artists, archivists, curators and heritage professionals. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please see below.
What you will get out of it
- Discover and retell the stories of Black London.
- Gain mentoring from Black voices in arts and heritage.
- Learn how to create public events
- Investigate different approaches to collecting and sharing Black heritage.
- Explore the inner workings of museums and reimagine how they can look in the future.
All Young Producers will receive £1450 on completion of the project.
The project runs between November 2021 to May 2022.
We are looking for young people between 18 and 24 years old, of Black heritage who are from London or
call London home. You must be able to commit to a minimum of 15 days between November 2021 to May
We are looking for people who are interested in discovering more about their own Black identities, who
want to develop their creative production skills and who enjoy working collaboratively.
Please come along to our FREE in-person Placemaking Sessions where you can meet the team, find out
more about the project and how to apply!
- Placemaking session: Thursday 25th November – 2pm – 5pm – Heritage Walk with Hudda Khaireh
- Placemaking session: Thursday 2nd December – 2pm – 5pm – Black Archival Practices Through
Film Workshop with Imruh Bakari
- Placemaking session: Thursday 9th December – 2pm – 5pm – Investigating The Archive
Workshop with Kinsi Abdulleh
- Placemaking session: Thursday 16th December – 2pm – 5pm – Black Archival Practices Through
Text Workshop with Imruh Bakari